Contest Terms and Conditions
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION
- This contest is sponsored by Tutor Doctor – Vaughan
- This contest is open to anyone currently residing in Vaughan, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge of Ontario, Canada, except employees of Tutor Doctor – Vaughan, its contest sponsor, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective affiliates and associates and such employees' family members.
- Contestants are responsible for compliance with applicable laws in jurisdictions where they reside.
- By entering this contest, entrants automatically agree to be bound by the terms of this contest as listed in this Contest Terms and Conditions.
- Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions listed in this Contest Terms and Conditions will result in disqualification of any submitted entries, and the nullification of contestant privileges to further participate in the contest.
SUBMISSIONS OF ENTRIES AND DEADLINES
- All entries must be submitted no later than August 15, 2015. Late entries will be rejected.
- To be eligible to participate, entrants must have entered either online or submitted a ballot/entry form at one of our events. Entrants must provide their name, valid email address, and all other required information.
- Incomplete entry forms will be deemed disqualified and will be rejected. Tutor Doctor – Vaughan is not responsible for any lost, misdirected or delayed entries. There is also no responsibility or liability for any potential entrant's inability to access the official Contest submission function for contest entry. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier, personal delivery or method other than the official Contest website or at local events will not be accepted.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- A winner will be drawn from the entries on August 28, 2015.
- Notification of Winner: the Winner will be called that day and email notification of the winner will go out within one month to other entrants that submitted an active and accurate email address. The winner will be posted on Tutor Doctor – Vaughan websites. A condition to receipt of the prize is receipt of a signed Contest Prize Release Form within 72 hours of notification.
- The prize will be one full school year of tutoring once a week for one hour in the prize winner’s home or nearby coffee shop as agreed upon by the winner and Tutor Doctor. — the equivalent of 48 hours.
- Odds of winning a prize will vary depending upon the number of actual Contest participants. In the event any entry is deemed ineligible or disqualified, Tutor Doctor – Vaughan may award the prize to alternate entries as it deems suitable. In any event that the prize cannot be awarded, Tutor Doctor – Vaughan may withdraw the winner's title, and all unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited and Tutor Doctor – Vaughan may select an alternate winner.
- Releases. All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Tutor Doctor – Vaughan staff and its Contest sponsors from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property associated or sustained in connection with participation in any and all aspects of the Contest, including accessing the Contest, submitting an entry, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize.
- Prize Responsibility. All prize winners will be responsible for any and all federal, provincial and/or local taxes resulting from acceptance of any and all prizes associated with this Contest. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or changes are allowed.
- Limitation of Liability. Neither Tutor Doctor – Vaughan, its staff, nor its Contest sponsors assume any responsibility or liability for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry form information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (ii) any authorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entry forms or submissions at any point in the operation of this Contest; (iii) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the submission of an entry or the operation of the Contest; (iv) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet; or (v) any injury or loss of participants which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
- Disputes. You agree that you will submit any dispute you may have with regard the conduct of the Contest, interpretation of the Rules, and/or awarding of prizes to Tutor Doctor – Vaughan, whose decision regarding such dispute shall be binding and final. All disputes must be submitted in writing, and sent to us at: Contact Us
- Age of Participation. Any participant under the age of 18 must have parental consent to accept the prize and any subsequent Enrollment for tutoring services will need to be signed, with consent, by one of the parents of said winner, if under the age of 18.
- Terms. Tutor Doctor – Vaughan reserves the right to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice, and without further obligation or liability to you. Tutor Doctor – Vaughan also reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.