Tutor Doctor Vaughan
15 years ago...
We had a simple idea and a desire to make a difference. We wondered why parents had to adjust their family’s busy schedules and drive half way across town just to put their child in another classroom with more kids… when in fact it was the classroom experience that their child was struggling with in the first place.
- What if tutoring time slots could be scheduled to accommodate a family’s busy schedule?
- What if a struggling child could get one-on-one attention instead of the “one-to-many” models used by most learning centers?
- What if average families could get access to top tutoring resources sometimes reserved only for wealthier families?
- What if a tutor could develop a personalized program by working with the child’s existing homework and school curriculum?
- What if we could avoid loading more standard textbook work on an already overwhelmed child?
- What if a tutor could come directly to the child’s home to deliver tutoring services instead of fragmenting a family’s precious time together by forcing parents to act as ”taxi drivers”?
These questions and more were eventually answered through the development of the Tutor Doctor program. Over the last 15 years, the Tutor Doctor vision has taken shape. In 2003 the company turned to franchising as a way of expanding the company’s impact and meeting the vast market demand. Now with offices internationally, the Tutor Doctor vision is becoming a reality as the lives of students and their families are being positively impacted.